Registration processes for Basil's Doggie Daycare Services
1. An initial chat on the phone about your dog and your requirements.
2. I make a visit to your house so I can meet you and your dog. We can take a brief walk from your house, if we feel it is required and I can see what needs to be done upon collection and drop off of your dog, (10 mins).
3. A trial group/solo walk is mutually arranged.
Important notes:All male dogs will need to be neutered for group walks, daycare & boarding services. This is not a requirement for solo walks or pet visits. Female dogs do not need to be spayed but we cannot provide our services if she is in season or a week either side of her season. All dogs & cats will need to have their microchip details uptodate.
Dogs will need a secure fitting collar or harness with owners' ID tag on them. Any flea and worming treatments will need to be uptodate. Prior to any visits to my home with your dog, as part of our Control of infectious diseases Policy, we will need to see uptodate vaccination records (this can include a positive titer test verification from a registered vet that is no less than a year old). All dogs are expected to be free of fleas or worms.
Prices for registration:
Current Daycare & Boarding rates apply for trial daycare and boarding stays. Please refer to Prices List on our website. No booking can be confirmed until all necessary paperwork is signed. A deposit is required for ad hoc walking and daycare bookings and all boarding bookings to secure their space.
Home Boarding & Daycare:
- An initial (no obligation) chat over the phone to discuss your requirements & questions about your dog/s.
- Arrange a 'meet & walk' in the local area with yourself & your dog and myself & Basil. This involves a brief onlead walk from my house, around the block, This allows our dogs can get to know each other outside the home on mutual territory. If you prefer to meet at a nearby walking location instead, this can also be arranged, (10 mins).
- If the initial meet goes well, then you are invited to my home for a home visit with your dog, (10/20 mins) where I can see how your dog interacts inside my home with my dog & any daycare dogs who may be in. It also gives you the chance to see where your dog will be looked after. After a successful home visit, we arrange a trial boarding/daycare stay. (full boarding/daycare rates apply) This is a strict condition of my licensing requirement and is much needed for peace of mind for me, to ensure your dog can settle & so I can be sure my dog accepts your dog with no stress and for yourself so you know your dog will be in a suitable environment matched to his/her wellbeing.
- Trial sleepover stay. The date of this will be mutually agreed and your dog will be the only dog boarding for the night. You will need to bring your dog in the morning of the trial date and collect the following morning. A morning walk or extra daycare can be added by mutual agreement. Drop off is between 7.45 and 8.30am in the week and between 8.30 and 9.15am at weekends. If needed I may be able to be flexible on these times. Collection is between 4/5pm and 6.30pm.